Update as at 8/08/2020
Victoria has recorded 450 new cases of coronavirus since yesterday, with the total number of cases now at 13,867.
The overall total has increased by 398, due to 52 cases being reclassified – largely due to duplication.
Within Victoria, 42 of the new cases are linked to outbreaks or complex cases and 408 are under investigation.
There have been 11 new deaths from COVID-19 reported since yesterday. They include a woman in her 50s, two men in their 70s, three men and three women in their 80s and two women in their 90s.
Seven of the 11 new deaths are linked to known outbreaks in aged care facilities. To date, 181 people have died from coronavirus in Victoria.
In Victoria at the current time:
- 2454 cases may indicate community transmission
- 7637 cases are currently active in Victoria
- 607 cases of coronavirus are in hospital, including 41 in intensive care
- 5829 people have recovered from the virus
- More than 1,771,900 tests have been processed – an increase of approximately 25,000 since yesterday
Of the total cases:
- 12,713 cases are from metropolitan Melbourne, while 839 are from regional Victoria
- Total cases include 6733 men and 7032 women
- Total number of healthcare workers: 1527, active cases: 911
- There are 1548 active cases relating to aged care facilities
Active aged care outbreaks with the highest cumulative case numbers are as follows:
- 172 cases have been linked to Epping Gardens Aged Care in Epping
- 161 cases have been linked to St Basil’s Homes for the Aged in Fawkner
- 144 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Ardeer
- 119 cases have been linked to Kirkbrae Presbyterian Homes in Kilsyth
- 94 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Heidelberg
- 84 cases have been linked to Arcare Aged Care Facility in Craigieburn
- 80 cases have been linked to BaptCare Wyndham Lodge Community in Werribee
- 74 cases have been linked to Aurrum Aged Care in Plenty
- 73 cases have been linked to Glendale Aged Care Facility in Werribee
- 70 cases have been linked to Outlook Gardens Aged Care Facility in Dandenong North
Cases currently linked to key outbreaks are as follows:
- 196 cases have been linked to Bertocchi Smallgoods in Thomastown
- 164 cases have been linked to Somerville Retail Services in Tottenham
- 121 cases have been linked to JBS Brooklyn
- 90 cases have been linked to Melbourne Health Royal Park Campus
- 83 cases have been linked to Australian Lamb Company in Colac
- 60 cases have been linked to Woolworths Distribution Centre Mulgrave
- 44 cases have been linked to the Linfox warehouse in Truganina
- 44 cases have been linked to Nino Early Learning Centre in Bundoora
- 37 cases have been linked to Catholic Regional College in Sydenham
- 36 cases have been linked to Golden Farms Poultry in Breakwater
- 31 cases have been linked to Respite Services Australia in Moonee Ponds
The department is also looking into four cases in staff linked to a hospital ward at Eastern Health; two cases linked to Polytrade Recycling in Dandenong South; and one case linked to the Europa Melbourne Hostel. More information will be available in coming days as investigations continue.
As investigations are undertaken throughout the day, these outbreak totals are likely to change as the public health team identify links between cases and identified outbreaks. Organisation based outbreaks totals include contacts as well as employees/residents/staff/students of that location/business.